Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sierra Kusterbeck of Versaemerge Exclusive World of Jenks Video

In case you missed the latest episode of World of Jenks, we’ve got some exclusive video clips of Jenks and Versaemerge singer Sierra Kusterbeck below.  World of Jenks investigated the unseen side of being in a rock band for a living.  Versaemerge’s Sierra Kusterbeck was followed for seven days and viewers saw the ups and downs of being in a band.

You can download Versaemerge music here.

Sierra Kusterbeck of Versaemerge Exclusive World of Jenks Video

“World of Jenks” preview: Holding On To Every Lyric
Tune in alert for MTV's excellent series, “World of Jenks” as the next episode, Holding On To Every Lyric, airs Monday at 10/9C.


On the next episode of “World of Jenks,” Sierra from the band VersaEmerge amazes Jenks with her vocal and performance abilities, despite being only 19.

"World of Jenks" is an exciting new documentary series that showcases the lives of inspirational young people from all corners of the United States. Every week, documentary filmmaker, Andrew Jenks will literally move in with a different stranger to experience a week in their life.

“World of Jenks” airs Monday nights at 10pm on MTV.

Rocking Out With VersaEmerge


World of Jenks - MTV Shows

Sade turned Jay-Z down





Sade has turned down working with Jay-Z as she is “too scared” to collaborate.

The English ‘Fast Car’ singer said she has been approached by a number of Hip Hop stars about using the tracks of her group – also called Sade – to rap over, or to create a track with her singing the chorus lines, but she has always declined.

Sade said: “I’m too scared. They’ll find me out. It’s like The Wizard of Oz. They’ll find out there’s nothing there.

“As for collaborations, I’m collaborating with the band and do what we do. I see myself as a member of this band who does these songs that we write.”

Sade has previously said she doesn’t like the idea of collaborating, because she likes to stay within her “safety zone”.

She said: “I’ve never collaborated because I’ve always avoided working outside my safety zone – I can be exactly who I am and can fail or success within the moment. I feel safe working like I do. I wouldn’t want to work in a situation where I am expected to deliver because I think I wouldn’t deliver.”

Sade released their sixth studio album ‘Soldier Of Love’ – their first in a decade – earlier this year.

Paul McCartney’s creative freedom




Sir Paul McCartney enjoys the “freedom” of his post-Beatles career.

The singer chose a more experimental vein for his first solo albums after the Beatles split in 1970, but as he gravitated back toward pop music with his next band, Wings, he worked hard to establish a new sound which was different to the Beatles.

He explained: “I certainly was enjoying the freedom of just doing something different. I’ve always been like that, and I still am. And then, the other element was that I knew I couldn’t just try and make a carbon copy of The Beatles – I knew that was impossible; without John, George and Ringo there was no way I could do that.

“So I knew I had to try and make something new. So each of the albums was to try and establish an identity for Wings that would then be recognised in time as Wings music – the Wings sound.”

The 68-year-old singer admitted the departure of lead guitarist Henry McCullough and drummer Denny Seiwell the night before they jetted to Nigeria to record the album ‘Band On The Run’ -inspired him to go on and produce the “best album” he ever made.

He added to ClashMusic: “That was like a bombshell. You can imagine me getting off that phone call: it was like, ‘Ah. Okay. Try and hold your nerve; try and keep it together.’

“What do we do now? S*d it, we’re going’. And at that moment it was one of those, ‘I’ll show you. I will make the best album I’ve ever made now. I will put so much effort into it because I wanna just prove that we didn’t need you guys’.”

                                       Rihanna wants Cole track

Rihanna wants to collaborate with Cheryl Cole.

The ‘Umbrella’ singer is reportedly desperate to record with the Girls Aloud star, after asking their mutual friend – will.i.am from Black Eyed Peas – to introduce them.

A source told The Sun newspaper: “Rihanna is desperate to work with Cheryl. She fell in love with Cheryl’s single ‘Parachute’, from her debut solo album ’3 Words’. She listens to it in her car the whole time.

“Rihanna really wants to record a track with Cheryl – and already has one in mind that she’s convinced she will love.”

The 22-year-old Barbadian also admitted she is in awe of Cheryl, who she thinks is “the most beautiful woman”.

She said: “She is awesome, I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Like, how do you have a face like that, with hair like that and dimples, and a body like that, that’s proportioned like that. And you have a successful career, something about that is not right!”

Rihanna is also planning to work with rapper Eminem again, after their recent success of their single ‘Love the Way You Lie’ – with the pair reportedly planning a sequel track.

She explained: “Eminem is a genius. He’s one of the cleverest poets around right now. His lyrics are unique. He tells a story, but in a very interesting way. I’d love to collaborate with him again. Actually, we’ve already been talking about it.”